Thursday 17 November 2011

Front cover for oncoming so-called graphic novel of mine

Here is the first rushed version I did, just so to see how could this Roschach look-like image work. I got quite excited about this idea, however it seemed to me later on, that it doesn't make any sense, and it's just few elements glued together with nothing to say at all. So this is it:
Then I tried to add a bit of texture, if it could help it in any way: 
But I wasn't just happy with the layout itself, so I came up with different idea, drew one more image I needed for it and finished it off in photoshop, I guess this would be my final one: 

A little update on the cover page. The statue of the St.Wenceslas is covered with Soviet Union flag, but I didn't manage the colours right in the previous version, and the actual logo of the Soviet Union wasn't really there. So I fixed it and this is pretty much the final version. The only thing that needs to be done is to apply a texture on Czechoslovakian flag, it looks rather cartoony at the moment:
 

No comments: