Monday, 21 February 2011

Thanks to good old uncle Google!

Earlier tonight I managed to fix my Wacom Graphire4 tablet pen! I started to use it after about 2 years, when it stayed forgotten in my wardrobe, but unfortunate thing hapenned. The actual pen somehow lost its sensitivity and started to draw ( or select stuff ) before it even touched the pad. I tried to reinstall the software with the newest drivers, but with no luck. I tried to mess around with all the sorts of settings you could possibly get within the software, but no luck neither. So I googled few discussions and found one not exactly easy option and that is taking the pen apart and clean it. It's not easy thing to do, but in the end it didn't take that long and is definitely worth 20£ you would have to pay for a brand new pen. The most helpful link was probably this one:

It doesn't show the whole process, only all the parts separately, but if you simply find another result of Google search, it shows you how to do it step by step, even though it might be slightly different sort of pen, the principle is pretty much the same. So if you experience the same problem, don't go ebay or amazon straight away, go for 'caveman' style!

No comments: